All Sundays are the same for UK winner Ron Elliot who won £8 million on a Saturday night, but went to work on Sunday as usual in his job as a care home assistant. Photo: Daily Mail
It is Sunday morning here, and I’m working. And I’m enjoying it.
But how many other people who are working look forward to the coming week like winner Ron Elliot and me?
How many have a job that inspires them, invigorates them and makes them look forward to the future?
There’s not many. A poll conducted by Monster.com found that 76% of surveyed adults worldwide experience the ‘Sunday night blues’ on a regular basis.
Most people dread the week ahead, and that’s why thinking about winning the lottery can be an important task for the weekend. It makes you feel positive about the week and gives you something to look forward to.
Here’s some more ideas you can do today to make a difference to your lottery winning week:
1. Do the week’s tasks ahead of time. For example, early on Mondays I have to transfer some money from one bank account to another in order to pay an automatic bill. So I do it on Sunday night instead. This helps me sleep better knowing that there is one less task to do for the new week.
You can check your tickets to see that they are ready for next week’s game.
2. Spend time with family and friends. It’s the perfect way to forget about the worries of the week ahead, and to round off the weekend.
Caitlin Andrews, a librarian featured in the book ‘What The Most Successful People Do On The Weekend‘ by Laura Vanderkam, says her extended family gets together for dinner almost every Sunday, alternating houses.
“It takes my mind off any Sunday night blues that might be coming on,” she said.
You might also make Sunday a movie or spa night, or you could join a Sunday night bowling league.
3. Make sure your tickets are in a safe place. There are numerous stories of players who forget where they left their winning tickets, and this can be a recipe for disaster. Make sure you have a set place for your tickets, and put your coupons back in the same spot also after your lotto store visit.
4. Sunday night is the time to think about your lottery win wish list. Maybe you have some new items you want to add to it… now’s the time. Sundays should be a day of anticipation, and reviewing your wishlist makes the week flash by.
5. Successful people like to look at their calendars on Sunday night and set work goals and deadlines for the upcoming week. Lottery players check the day of the week that they will be playing and have their tickets ready to go.
Get your week off to a great start with these ideas, and you’ll notice a difference in the way you look at the time ahead.