A pair of streaking teams meet when the UNC Greensboro Spartans (20-8) host the Mercer Bears (18-10) on Monday, March 8, 2021 at 7:00 PM ET. The Spartans are 5-point favorites and put their three-game win streak on the line against the Bears, who have won three straight. The point total is 136 in the matchup.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of March 8, 2021, 1:22 PM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
The model favors the Spartans by 2.4 points, just 2.6 fewer than the 5-point spread set by DraftKings.
The DraftKings point total for this game is more than two possessions lower (9.1 points) than the model projection. Put your money on the over.
Prediction: UNC Greensboro 74, Mercer 71
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The Spartans have an average implied point total of 75.8 this season, which is 4.8 points higher than their implied total in Monday’s game (71).
- UNC Greensboro has outscored this matchup’s implied point total (71) 19 times.
- The average implied point total on the season for the Bears (77.2) is 11.2 more points than the team’s implied total in this matchup (66).
- Mercer has scored more than 66 points in 23 games this season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
UNC Greensboro and Mercer Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 5+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- This season, the Spartans have a 42.5% shooting percentage from the field, which is 1.3% lower than the 43.8% of shots the Bears’ opponents have made.
- In games when UNC Greensboro shoots higher than 43.8% from the field, it is 13-1 overall and 12-2 against the spread.
- Mercer has put together a 6-3 record against the spread and a 10-0 record overall when its opponents hit more than 42.5% of their shots from the field.
- The Bears’ 48.1% shooting percentage from the field this season is 6.7 percentage points higher than the Spartans have allowed to their opponents (41.4%).
- Mercer is 12-11 against the spread and 18-8 overall when it shoots higher than 41.4% from the field.
- When UNC Greensboro’s opponents shoot higher than 48.1% from the field, it is 14-9 against the spread and 18-6 overall.
- The Spartans shoot 30.2% from beyond the arc, 1.8% lower than the 32% the Bears allow to opponents.
- UNC Greensboro is 10-5 against the spread and 12-3 overall when it shoots better than 32% from distance.
- Mercer is 8-4 against the spread and 10-3 overall when its opponents make more than 30.2% of their shots from deep.
- The Bears three-point shooting percentage this season (37.6%) is 5.4 percentage points higher than opponents of the Spartans are averaging (32.2%).
- Mercer’s record is 11-7 ATS and 15-6 overall when the team hits more than 32.2% of its three-point attempts.
- UNC Greensboro has a 13-7 ATS record and a 17-3 straight-up record in games this season when it hits more than 37.6% of its three-point attempts.
- The Spartans hit 7.7 three-pointers per game this season, 1.1 fewer made shots on average than the 8.8 per game the Bears allow.
- When Mercer makes more three-pointers than its opponents, it is 5-5 against the spread and 9-2 overall. When UNC Greensboro is out-shot from beyond the arc by its opponents, it is 3-7 ATS and 5-5 straight up.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from