The Oklahoma State Cowboys (14-6) are slight underdogs (by 3 points) to continue a four-game home winning streak when they host the No. 15 Texas Tech Red Raiders (14-7) on Monday, February 22, 2021 at 9:00 PM ET. The over/under for the matchup is set at 138.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of February 22, 2021, 2:20 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
The data strongly suggests betting on the Cowboys in this one. The model favors them while DraftKings has the Red Raiders favored and the difference between the two is 4.1 points.
In this game, the model projects a total (141.4 points) marginally higher than the DraftKings over/under (138 points).
Prediction: Oklahoma State 71, Texas Tech 70
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The average implied total for the Red Raiders this season is 73.8 points, 2.8 more points than their implied total of 71 points in Monday’s game.
- This season, Texas Tech has scored more than its implied point total for this matchup (71) 14 times.
- The Cowboys’ average implied point total on the season (76.1 points) is 8.1 points higher than their implied total in this matchup (68 points).
- Oklahoma State is trying to outscore its implied point total for this matchup (68) for the 16th time this season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Texas Tech and Oklahoma State Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 3+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- The Red Raiders are shooting 43.6% from the field this season, 3.7 percentage points higher than the 39.9% the Cowboys allow to opponents.
- Texas Tech has a 6-8 record against the spread and an 11-4 straight-up record in games it shoots higher than 39.9% from the field.
- Oklahoma State is 12-3 overall and 8-6-1 against the spread when allowing opponents to shoot better than 43.6% from the field.
- The Cowboys have shot at a 45.5% rate from the field this season, 4.8 percentage points higher than the 40.7% shooting opponents of the Red Raiders have averaged.
- This season, Oklahoma State has a 9-8-1 record against the spread and a 13-5 record overall in games the team shoots higher than 40.7% collectively from the field.
- When Texas Tech’s opponents shoot greater than 45.5% from the field, it is 6-11 against the spread and 13-5 overall.
- The Red Raiders’ 33.9% three-point shooting percentage this season is 3.1 percentage points higher than opponents of the Cowboys have shot from beyond the arc (30.8%).
- Texas Tech has put together a 5-5 record against the spread and an 8-3 straight-up record in games this season when the team hits more than 30.8% of its three-point attempts.
- Oklahoma State is 9-3-1 against the spread while putting together an 11-2 straight-up record when its opponents shoot above 33.9% from three-point range.
- The Cowboys shoot 34.1% from three-point distance this season. That’s -1.1 percentage points higher than the Red Raiders have allowed their opponents to shoot from deep (35.2%).
- Oklahoma State is 8-4 ATS and 10-2 overall when the team hits more than 35.2% of its three-point attempts.
- Texas Tech has a 4-7 ATS record and a 9-3 straight-up record this season when it makes more than 34.1% of its three-point attempts.
- The Cowboys are 4-4-1 against the spread and 7-2 overall when they make more threes than their opponents, while the Red Raiders are 2-10 ATS and 7-5 straight up in games when they are out-shot from the three-point line.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from