Take Olympus Pokie Review
Take Olympus is the latest virtual pokie from BetSoft, and this 5-reel, 50-payline games is all about the Greek gods. In fact, the game features some of the most famous deities, including Zeus and the lovely Aphrodite. If you’d like to know more, please check out my review below:
Finding the Game
In order to play this pokie, you’ll need to locate an Internet casino with BetSoft games. Luckily, there are plenty of options, and I suggest that Aussie punters try King Johnnie, House of Pokies, or Casino Chan.
Return to Player
This percentage measures the average payback of a pokie over thousands of spins. For example, a machine with a 96% RTP pays an average of $96 for every $100 wagered.
Take Olympus has an RTP of 95.49%. This is hovering around average for an online slot, but it’s not low enough to cross off your list.
Cost of Gameplay
There are 11 betting option on Take Olympus. The lowest is $0.10 per spin, while the highest is $45. This range makes the pokie best-suited for low and medium rollers.
Cycle of the Gods
The cycle for a god lasts 10 spins. Once this phase is over, a new god is selected at random (and never twice in a row).
Each god has a special power that influences the game. This power builds over the course of the 10 spins, and it culminates in an impressive god event at the end.
Here’s what you have to look forward to:
- Apollo – Each Apollo or Bow and Arrow symbol that lands will be marked on the reels. These icons remain marked throughout Apollo’s 10 spins. On the 10th spin, the marked symbols transform into wilds (which can substitute for any symbol except Zeus).
- Aphrodite – During this phase, every Aphrodite or leaf symbol that appears is marked on the reels. These remain marked during the cycle, but they transform into mystery boxes on the 10th spin. The path between mystery boxes will also be transformed, and all these symbols turn into an identical non-wild icon.
- Poseidon – Each trident or Poseidon symbol that appears raises the counter by one (counter begins on one). On the 10th spin, the player receives a number of respins equal to the counter.
- Hades – When a Hades or Cerberus symbol appears, it increases a displayed multiplier by one. During the final spin of the cycle, the resulting multiplier is applied to any win.
The King of the Gods
In addition to the above gods, the game also features Zeus. This symbol is always wild. He awards 10 free spins when he’s four symbols tall (assuming all four other gods are present on the reels).
He also offers the following prizes in conjunction with his siblings and/or children:
- Apollo – Five or more wilds appear on the reels.
- Aphrodite – Zeus selects five or more icons to turn into mystery symbols.
- Hades – The spin has a large multiplier.
- Poseidon – Zeus awards a number of free respins.
Take Olympus Pay Table
This section discusses the symbols and prizes associated with the reels of the game. Please note that payouts change to reflect the size of the player’s wager. Below, I’m using the maximum bet of $45 per spin.
- Four Godly Icons – The symbols for Aphrodite, Hades, Apollo, and Poseidon all pay $4.50 for three matches, $9 for four, and $36 for five.
- Zeus Icon – This representation of a lightning bolt is worth $9 for three matches, $18 for four, and $54 for five.
- Aphrodite, Apollo, Poseidon, and Hades – Images of these four Greek gods are valued at $13.50 for three matches, $27 for four, and $90 for five.
- Zeus – The image of Zeus pays $18 for three matches, $54 for four, and $270 for five.
While I would prefer the RTP to be higher, Take Olympus remains a pokie worth trying. The artwork is beautiful, the theme is exciting, and the cycles of the gods are certainly unique. BetSoft remains a reliable game designer, and this is one of their better releases in the past year.
If you like reading poker machine reviews, be sure to see the following:
- Neptune’s Fortune
- Poseidon’s Rising
- Fishing for Gold
Take Olympus Pokie Review
February 18, 2021
3 Coins Hold and Win Pokie Review
February 16, 2021
Bounty Belles Pokie Review
February 9, 2021
Mighty Stallion Pokie Review
February 8, 2021