The Pittsburgh Steelers have tricked many prognosticators and treated their fans so far this season.
Who outside of the “412” area code thought the Steelers would be the last undefeated team standing?
The Steelers went to Nashville to face the AFC’s other unbeaten team and fought off a second half comeback from the Tennessee Titans. A missed Stephen Gostkowski field goal sealed the Steelers 27-24 win. Online sportsbooks first listed the Steelers as 1.5-point favorites but the line flipped by kickoff and they were underdogs.
The road doesn’t get any easier for the Black and Yellow. They visit the 5-1 Baltimore Ravens on Sunday in a game that has been moved from its 1 p.m. start to 4:25 p.m.
As of Tuesday afternoon, most sportsbooks apps in PA had the Steelers as 3.5-point underdogs. The line moved to Steelers +4 Wednesday, with the O/U at 46.5.
Underdog Steelers got majority of money vs. Titans
- 77% of the money was on the Steelers (+1.5) to cover the Spread
- 77% of the money was on the Steelers (+100) on the Moneyline
- 72% of the money was on the OVER (50.5)
Winning Week 7 Bet Boosts
- Steelers, Packers and Saints all to win boosted from (+319) to +485
- Steelers to cover (+1.5) vs. Titans boosted from (-110) to +110
- Steelers +7.5, Bills -5.5, Cardinals +9.5 boosted from (+156) to +200
- Ben Roethlisberger and Ryan Tannehill both to have 2+ passing TDs boosted from (+120) to +150
Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Baltimore Ravens odds
|Pittsburgh Steelers||+4 (-114)||+175||O 46.5 (-110)|
|Tennessee Titans||-4 (-107)||-200||U 46.5 (-110)|
Pittsburgh Steelers futures markets
The Steelers opened the NFL season with +2500 odds to win the Super Bowl and +1300 to claim the AFC Championship. Bookmakers loved the Ravens (+650) and gave them the second-best odds after the Kansas City Chiefs to hoist the Lombardi Trophy.
The Steelers undefeated start gives them the fourth-best odds to win the Super Bowl (+950), and the third-best odds for the AFC Championship (+470). The Ravens have better odds for the Super Bowl (+550), AFC Championship (+310), and AFC North (-125). It will be interesting to see if a Steelers win changes any of that, and by how much.
Pittsburgh Steelers 2020 odds tracker
(Odds via FanDuel Sportsbook)
|September 1, 2020||Oct. 1 (Week 6)||Oct. 20 (Week 7)||Oct. 27 (Week 8)|
Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Baltimore Ravens Betting Preview
The Steelers led 24-7 at halftime but the Titans mounted a comeback that fell just short as Gostkowski missed a 46-yard field goal at the end of the game. Ben Roethlisberger has his first multiple-interception game of the season tossing three picks. He connected with Diontae Johnson for two TDs.
The Chiefs dealt Baltimore their lone loss. Ravens quarterback Lamar Jackson has returned from the other-worldly level he was performing at last year. Still, the Steelers defense will be focusing on the reigning MVP. The Ravens have allowed 15 sacks and the Steelers lead the league in sacks with 26.
The return of Roethlisberger from a season-ending injury has reinvigorated an offense that averages 358 YPG and 30.5 ppg.
The Ravens’ defense allows the lowest ppg (17.3) and the Steelers’ D surrenders 19.7.
Here’s a look at how the Steelers defense ranks after six games:
- 1st: Yards allowed per game (286.3)
- 1st: Sacks (26)
- Tied for 5th: Interceptions (8)
The Ravens are coming off a bye. During Week 6, they were up 30-14 with 7:12 minutes left in the game against the Philadelphia Eagles. The Eagles rallied but were stymied on a two-point conversion which would have tied the game, confirming the Ravens’ 30-28 win.
Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Baltimore Ravens betting stats and info from DraftKings
- The Steelers are 5-1 ATS, the Ravens are 3-2-1 ATS
- The best AFC teams ATS are the Steelers (5-1) and the Los Angeles Chargers (5-1)
- Of the Steelers’ 6 games, three have hit the OVER. Two of the Ravens’ 6 games have gone OVER
- The spread opened with the Ravens as 5.5-point favorites. The O/U opened at 49 points.
- In 2019, the Steelers lost both games against the Ravens. Without Roethlisberger, Mason Rudolph and Devlin Hodges were under center.
Week 8 promos at PA sportsbook apps
- Beat the Spread Bonus: $1 bonus for every point your team beats the spread by
- Pigskin Parlay: Instant 50% cash boost when creating an 8-team parlay
- Risk-Free $1,000 bet for new users: New users at FanDuel can get up to a $1,000 free bet. Register, make a deposit and place a wager on the FanDuel sportsbook app. Then, if the first wager loses, FanDuel will refund losses in the form of a free bet up to $1,000.
- Same Game Parlay: Place a same game parlay on any Week 8 and if you don’t win, get a refund up to $10 in site credit.
BetRivers Free NFL Profit Boost Every Week: