JOB TITLE: Purchasing Supervisor
REPORTS TO: Facility Manager
SUPERVISES: Buyers, Receiving Clerk, Warehouse Runner
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Establish and maintain facilities, systems, procedures and controls pertaining to the purchasing, inventory and control of all materials, supplies and equipment for Jackpot Junction.
· Develop, identify, evaluate, recommend and select sources of materials and equipment in regard to quality, quantity, service, delivery, and price on competitive basis.
· Negotiate prices, delivery, and payment terms.
· Expedite special and emergency purchases and deliveries.
· Resolve problems with vendors.
· Help operating department personnel establish purchasing and inventory levels and ordering procedures.
· Assure that purchases meet quantity and quality specifications.
· Maintain a library of catalogs and other resources for goods and equipment.
· Supervise buying, warehousing and delivery personnel.
· Physically receive, store, and deliver materials and equipment.
· Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
· Purchasing, inventory control and warehousing.
· Able to develop and establish purchasing and materials control systems and procedures.
· Able to supervise other employees.
· Must possess a valid Minnesota Drivers License. (If applicant possesses an out of state driver’s license, must get a Minnesota driver’s licens within 30 days of hire)
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ATTRIBUTES:
· Computer literate.
· Knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
· Math skills.
· Knowledge and skills regarding purchasing, inventory, warehousing, and supervision.
· Possess a sensitivity to various cultures, including Native American cultures.
· Regular attendance and punctuality.
· Able and willing to work any changes in scheduled hours as business and staff levels dictate.
Physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee in order to successfully perform the essential job functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations will be considered to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
· Normal mobility throughout the facility.
As an employee of Jackpot Junction Casino Hotel, you may not offer, solicit or otherwise enter into any agreement or transaction for personal use or advancement with any vendor or potential vendor. There can be no conflict of interest between yourself and vendors or potential vendors.
This is not an exhaustive list of all the responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with this position. While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position in its current state, management reserves the right to review the job or to require that other tasks be performed when circumstances change (i.e. emergency situations, rush jobs, personnel changes, increased workload, technical developments, etc.).