Southwest Division opponents meet when the Dallas Mavericks (7-7) visit the San Antonio Spurs (8-7) at AT&T Center, beginning at 8:30 PM ET on Friday, January 22, 2021. The Spurs are underdogs in the game, the first matchup between the teams this season. The over/under in the matchup is .
The betting insights in this article reflect data from FanDuel sportsbook as of January 22, 2021, 1:06 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Mavericks vs Spurs Betting Odds
Sign up for FanDuel Sportsbook here and get the best bonuses available anywhere!
Injury Report as of January 22
Dorian Finney-Smith: Out (Health and Safety Protocols),
Josh Richardson: Day To Day (Health and Safety Protocols),
Dwight Powell: Out (Health and Safety Protocols),
Maxi Kleber: Out (Health and Safety Protocols)
Derrick White: Out (Toe),
Drew Eubanks: Out (Health and Safety Protocols),
Quinndary Weatherspoon: Day To Day (Knee)
|Spread Pick||Spurs (+2.5)|
|Total Pick||Under (222.5)|
|Prediction||Spurs 110, Mavericks 108|
The model projects a total 4.1 points lower than the one set by FanDuel for this game.
Click here for today’s NBA betting picks from our team of experts.
Mavericks Key Players
|Tim Hardaway Jr.||13||17.3||4.0||2.0||0.7||0.2||3.5|
Mavericks Player Props
- Luka Doncic’s assists prop total for the matchup is listed at 9.5 assists, equal to his season average of 9.5.
- Tim Hardaway Jr.’s three pointers made prop over/under for the game is set at 3.5, equal to his season average of 3.5.
- Kristaps Porzingis’ blocks prop over/under for the game is set at 2.5, 0.7 blocks higher than his season average of 1.8.
Spurs Key Players
Spurs Player Props
- DeMar DeRozan’s points prop total for the game is set at 21.5, 1.3 points higher than his season average of 20.2.
- Dejounte Murray’s rebounding prop over/under for the contest is posted at 6.5 boards, 0.8 rebounds lower than his season average of 7.3.
- Patty Mills’ three pointers made prop total for the contest is set at 2.5, 0.4 shots less than his season average of 2.9.
- Murray’s steals prop total for the game is set at 1.5, equal to his season average of 1.5.
- This season, the Mavericks have a 45.3% shooting percentage from the field, which is 1.5% lower than the 46.8% of shots the Spurs’ opponents have made.
- Dallas has a 5-1 record against the spread and a 5-1 straight-up record in games it shoots better than 46.8% from the field.
- San Antonio has a 5-1 record against the spread and a 3-3 record overall when allowing its opponents to make more than 45.3% of their shots from the field.
- The Spurs have shot at a 44.2% clip from the field this season, 0.7 percentage points below the 44.9% shooting opponents of the Mavericks have averaged.
- San Antonio has put together a 5-2 record against the spread and a 5-2 straight up record in games it shoots better than 44.9% from the field.
- When Dallas’ opponents shoot higher than 44.2% from the field, it is 5-0 against the spread and 5-0 overall.
- The Mavericks’ 33.5% three-point shooting percentage this season is 5.3 percentage points lower than opponents of the Spurs have shot from beyond the arc (38.8%).
- Dallas is 3-1 against the spread and 3-1 overall when it shoots better than 38.8% from distance.
- San Antonio has put up a 4-0 against the spread while going 3-1 overall in games this season when its opponents shoot higher than 33.5% from deep.
- The Spurs’ three-point shooting percentage this season (35.3%) is -2.8 percentage points lower than opponents of the Mavericks are averaging (32.5%).
- San Antonio is 6-2 ATS and 6-2 overall when the team makes more than 32.5% of its three-point attempts.
- Dallas is 6-2 ATS and 6-2 overall in games it shoots over 35.3% from deep.
- The Mavericks hit 12.6 three-pointers per game this season, 1.7 more made shots on average than the 10.9 per game the Spurs give up.
- When Dallas makes more three-pointers than its opponents, it is 6-1 against the spread and 6-1 overall. When San Antonio is out-shot from beyond the arc by its opponents, it is 3-6 ATS and 3-6 straight up.
- The Mavericks rank 18th in the NBA in made three-pointers, while the Spurs allow the 14th-fewest made threes in the league.
Mavericks vs Spurs Stat Rankings
|Mavericks Rank||Mavericks AVG||Spurs AVG||Spurs Rank|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from