Southeast Division opponents square off when the Charlotte Hornets (0-1) host the Oklahoma City Thunder (0-0) at Spectrum Center, starting at 7:00 PM ET on Saturday, December 26, 2020. The Thunder are underdogs in the game, the first matchup between the squads this season. The matchup has a point total of .
The betting insights in this article reflect data from DraftKings sportsbook as of December 26, 2020, 1:06 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Hornets vs Thunder Betting Odds
Injury Report as of December 26
Grant Riller: Out (Knee),
Cody Zeller: Out (Hand)
Ty Jerome: Out (Left ankle),
Trevor Ariza: Out (Personal)
Click here to get the best DraftKings Sportsbook deposit bonus!
Hornets Key Players
Thunder Key Players
- The Hornets shot 43.4% from the field last season, 1.9 percentage points lower than the 45.3% the Thunder allowed to opponents.
- Charlotte had a 14-7-1 record against the spread and an 11-11 straight-up record in games it shot better than 45.3% from the field.
- Oklahoma City went 20-8 against the spread and 20-9 overall when allowing opponents to shoot higher than 43.4% from the field.
- The Thunder’s 46.4% shooting percentage from the field last season was 1.2 percentage points lower than the Hornets gave up to their opponents (47.6%).
- Oklahoma City went 20-10-1 against the spread and 26-5 overall when it shot higher than 47.6% from the field.
- When Charlotte’s opponents shot over 46.4% from the field last season, it was 16-7-1 against the spread and 15-10 overall.
- The Hornets’ 35.2% three-point shooting percentage last season was only one percentage point higher than opponents of the Thunder shot from deep (34.2%).
- Charlotte had a 23-11-1 record against the spread and a 15-21 record overall when the team hit more than 34.2% of its three-point shots.
- Oklahoma City went 30-12-1 against the spread and 31-13 overall when its opponents shot higher than 35.2% from deep.
- The Thunder shot 35.2% from three-point distance last season. That’s equal to what the Hornets’ opponents averaged from deep.
- Oklahoma City went 27-11-1 against the spread and 25-15 overall when shooting over 35.2% as a team from three-point range.
- Charlotte went 21-9-1 ATS and 17-15 overall in games it shot above 35.2% from deep.
- The Hornets knocked down 12.1 three-pointers per game last season, 1.3 more made shots on average than the 10.8 per game the Thunder gave up.
- When Charlotte made more threes than its opponents last season, it went 22-4 against the spread and 13-14 overall. When Oklahoma City was out-shot from deep by its opponents, it was 24-18 ATS and 24-19 straight up.
- The Hornets ranked 15th in the NBA in made three-pointers a season ago, while the Thunder gave up the fifth-fewest made threes in the league.
Hornets vs Thunder Stat Rankings
|Hornets Rank||Hornets AVG||Thunder AVG||Thunder Rank|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from