Week 4 was weird for the Philadelphia Eagles and the Pittsburgh Steelers.
The Steelers’ scheduled game with the Tennessee Titans was postponed when three players and five other members of the Titans organization tested positive for coronavirus. By Oct. 3, the total hit seventeen positive tests. No members of the Steelers tested positive. The game has been rescheduled for Week 7.
Such is the precarious nature of professional sports outside of a bubble in the time of coronavirus.
A novel virus has not wreaked havoc on the Eagles but much like last season, they have been dogged by injuries. During Week 4, with a depleted roster and a quarterback with the worst passer rating in the league, the Eagles (+7) upset the defending NFC Champion San Francisco 49ers. To make things even more wacky, by Sunday night the Eagles sat atop first place in the NFC East with a 1-2-1 record.
The Commonwealth’s two teams square off on Sunday for the first time since 2016. Pennsylvania online sportsbooks list the Steelers at 7 or 7.5-point favorites with the over/under at 44.5.
Philadelphia Eagles vs. Pittsburgh Steelers odds
|Philadelphia Eagles||+7 (-110)||+265||O 46 (-110)|
|San Francisco 49ers||-7 (-110)||-315||U 46 (-110)|
Eagles vs. Steelers Week 5 Betting Preview
With Greg Ward as his No. 1 receiver and confidence in his play at an all-time low, Carson Wentz put in a gutsy performance. Wentz connected with Travis Fulgham, who was promoted from the practice squad, for a 42-yard touchdown with less than six minutes to put the Eagles ahead 25-20.
The Eagles defense had their best game of the season sacking 49ers backup quarterback Nick Mullens five times and registering two interceptions.
The Steelers didn’t get their third win last season until Oct. 28. Now, with quarterback Ben Roethlisberger back under center, they are 3-0. A major factor that is similar to last year is the Steelers defense which continues to dominate.
They are ranked second for least amount of yards per game (290) and fifth for points per game (19.3). Since the Steelers were sidelined during Week 4, the Eagles (17) climbed over the Steelers (15) for the lead for most sacks.
Philadelphia Eagles vs. Pittsburgh Steelers betting stats and info from DraftKings
- The Eagles are 1-3 ATS. The Steelers are 2-1 ATS.
- The Steelers have won each of their last 13 home games against teams that had losing record.
- Five of the Eagles’ last six road games have gone OVER the total points line.
- The Eagles have covered the spread in six of their last eight games as road underdogs.
- In Week 4, Zach Ertz logged 4 receptions for nine yards. It was his lowest rec. yards since Nov. 2017.
- The total opened at 47.5. On Tuesday it was down to 44.5.
- The Eagles last two games have gone UNDER.
- The Steelers last two games have gone OVER.
Week 5 promos at PA sportsbook apps
- NFL Profit Boost: Opt-in and you’ll get a single-use profit boost to use on every NFL game for Week 4. A 20% profit boost will apply to the winnings (Max bet $50).
- Happy Hour Boost: 30% profit boost on every NFL Sunday late afternoon game
- Pigskin Parlay: Instant 50% cash boost when creating an 8-team parlay
- Risk-Free $1,000 bet for new users: New users at FanDuel can get up to a $1,000 free bet. Register, make a deposit and place a wager on the FanDuel sportsbook app. Then, if the first wager loses, FanDuel will refund losses in the form of a free bet up to $1,000.
- Same Game Parlay: Place a same game parlay on any Week 4 and if you don’t win, get a refund up to $10 in site credit.
BetRivers Free NFL Profit Boost Every Week:
Betting trends for NFL Week 4 revisited
At Fox Bet:
- Despite a 1-2 start to the season, 69% of the money was on the Dallas Cowboys to beat the Cleveland Browns. The Cowboys lost to the Browns, 49-38.
What happens when you doubt Aaron Rodgers? The Green Bay Packers Super Bowl odds were +3100 during Week 1. After a 3-0 start and averaging 40 ppg, they now have the fourth-best odds (+1300) to win the Super Bowl. Rodgers has seen his MVP odds improve from +2300 to +700. He is third-favorite behind Russell Wilson (+220) and Patrick Mahomes (+380).
Rodgers only helped his MVP campaign, throwing for 327 yds and 4 touchdowns to power the Pack to 4-0 vs. the still winless Atlanta Falcons.
Highest percentage of handle to cover the point spread:
- 95%: Seattle Seahawks (-6) vs. Miami Dolphins. Seattle covered – Seahawks 31, Dolphins 23.
Highest percentage of handle for total points:
- 88%: Philadelphia Eagles vs. San Francisco 49ers (Over 46). Under 46 – Eagles 25, 49ers 20.
- 88%: Atlanta Falcons vs. Green Bay Packers (Over 56.5). Under 56.5 – Packers 30, Falcons 16
Highest percentage of handle for moneyline:
- 97%: Seattle Seahawks (-265) vs. Miami Dolphins Seattle won.
Complete Week 5 NFL Odds at PA Sportsbooks
Lead image credit: AP Photo/Keith Srakocic