At Angel of the Winds, the World’s Friendliest, Casino Resort we require all employees to provide exceptional guest service with a positive and out-going attitude. We value all guests and team members through our guiding values; Welcoming, Engaged, Accountable, Customer Experience, and Team. We have a commitment to understand, define, and deliver what our guests want and represent our company by being professional and courteous to all.
- Serves as an active strategic leader with comprehensive responsibilities, works with the entire team to ensure successful development and implementation of divisional strategic plan.
- Directs the overall activities of the Food and Beverage departments, including room service, banquets and special events.
- Provides weekly updates to the Executive Team on department and development projects.
- Develop strategy to implement the General Manager’s direction to provide exceptional food quality and customer service for casino guests.
- Assists with various aspects of guest sales casino wide, working closely with Marketing/Sales to ensure events are properly staffed and prepared.
- Reinforces department goals and vision to all direct reports and continually implements this strategy into overall communications.
- Supervises, directly and/or indirectly, all Food and Beverage team members including: selection, training, work direction, safety, communication, counseling, disciplining, performance evaluations and records.
- Participates in formulating and administering company policies and in developing long-range goals and objectives for all Food & Beverage departments.
- Ensures proper execution of on and off-site events with the Food & Beverage teams with proper scheduling for appropriate coverage during peak hours and demand.
- Conducts staff meetings of operations, personnel, or confers with subordinate personnel to discuss operational problems or explain procedural changes or practices.
- Responsible for preparing and monitoring budgets for reporting departments.
- Participate in formulating and administering company policies and developing long-range goals and objectives.
- Oversee development of quality and selection to reflect high standards and meet customer demands.
- Controls all labor and cost percentages to within approved budgetary goals.
- Establish inventory levels, which satisfy customer demands.
- Review customer satisfaction levels for opportunities.
- Ensure compliance with Tribal, Local/State, Federal, and NIGC regulations.
- Ensure control/protection of company assets.
- Develop and review analyses of activities, costs, operations, and forecast data to determine departmental progress toward stated goals and objectives.
- Hire and develop staff in the areas of customer service, importance of consistency, and following policies and procedures.
- Create, implement and assess training programs.
- Maintains and submits required departmental reports to General Manager.
- Works nights, weekends and holidays as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Exceptional guest services skills required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Hospitality or related field and at least eight years progressively responsible management experience or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- Must have an understanding of casino, hotel and resort operations, policies and procedures.
- Ability to perform complex calculations and understands, analyzes, interprets and communicates guest or operational data and information to achieve objectives.
- Ability to constructively manage by being constantly visible in the work place. The ability to formulate and communicate ideas, along with maintaining a persuasive demeanor is mandatory.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures and government regulations.
- Ability to prepare complex reports, correspondence, charts, layouts, forms, handbooks, memoranda and other information and instructions.
- Ability to analyze and solve complex management problems having non-standard solutions.
- Knowledge of a 24-hour, 7 day a week operation.
- Ability to work in a challenging environment dealing with sensitive issues and maintain confidentially with strong attention to detail and excellent problem solving, organizational, and time management skills.
- Ability to maintain professional, courteous, and effective working relationships with all levels of the organization and outside business contacts.
- Skills in assessing operation, program, staffing and fiscal needs.
- Skills in identifying and resolving administrative problems under pressure conditions.
Certificates, Licenses, Regulations
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Class A/III gaming license with the Stillaguamish Tribal Gaming Agency (TGA) and the State of Washington.
- Secure/maintain Health Food safety training and card.
- Secure/maintain WSLCB Class A – mixology license.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Constantly requires the ability to receive detailed information through oral and written communication. The position requires exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Requires repetitive movement daily with sedentary work, occasional bending and crouching. This is a 24 hour, 7 days a week work operation.