It doesn’t have the muscle of a historic NFC East battle. But it’s still the Dallas Cowboys vs. Philadelphia Eagles with first place in the NFC East on the line.
Keeping up with the theme of 2020, things are a wreck. The Eagles are decimated by injuries. A once-promising season for the Cowboys has gone off the rails as the team appears to now be in “sell mode.”
It sets the stage for a Sunday Night Football showdown made for 2020: the 2-5 Cowboys against 2-4-1 Eagles.
Pennsylvania online sportsbooks have the Eagles listed as 7.5-point favorites with the O/U at around 43.
Dallas Cowboys vs. Philadelphia Eagles odds
|Dallas Cowboys||+7.5 (-114)||+265||O 43.5 (-110)|
|Philadelphia Eagles||-7.5 (-107)||-335||U 43.5 (-110)|
Dallas Cowboys vs. Philadelphia Eagles Betting Preview
It’s will be ten days since the Eagles’ last game. The Eagles played the New York Giants on Thursday Night Football in Week 7 and trailed 21-10 with 6:17 remaining in the game. Carson Wentz turned in another gutsy performance (and an ill-timed Evan Engram drop) to give the Birds a 22-21 win. The Eagles were favored by 4.5-points and got heavy public support but failed to deliver for spread bettors.
The Cowboys are in complete disarray after a 25-3 loss in Washington. Their offense only scraped together 142 yards and 12 first downs. Cowboys quarterback Andy Dalton left the game with a concussion after a hit from linebacker Jon Bostic (who was then ejected). As of Wednesday, Dalton was still in concussion protocol. If he can’t go, it will be third-string QB Ben DiNucci.
The Eagles did not escape Week 7 unscathed injury-wise. DeSean Jackson suffered a non-displaced fracture in his ankle during a punt return late in the game and will return to the IR. Lane Johnson tried to give his balky ankle a go, but left the game with a knee injury.
Dallas Cowboys vs. Philadelphia Eagles betting stats and info from DraftKings
- The Eagles are 2-5 ATS, the Cowboys are 0-7 ATS.
- 4 of the Eagles’ 7 game have hit the over. Same with the Cowboys.
- The Cowboys have lost each of their last six road games.
- Six of the Eagles’ last seven games as home favorites have gone UNDER the total points line
- This is the biggest spread for an Eagles vs. Cowboys game since 2018. The Eagles were 7.5-point favorites and lost 27-20.
- The Cowboys’ D gives up the most points per game (34.7) and rushing yards per game (178.3)
Week 8 promos at PA sportsbook apps
- Beat the Spread Bonus: $1 bonus for every point your team beats the spread by
- Pigskin Parlay: Instant 50% cash boost when creating an 8-team parlay
- Risk-Free $1,000 bet for new users: New users at FanDuel can get up to a $1,000 free bet. Register, make a deposit and place a wager on the FanDuel sportsbook app. Then, if the first wager loses, FanDuel will refund losses in the form of a free bet up to $1,000.
- Same Game Parlay: Place a same game parlay on any Week 8 and if you don’t win, get a refund up to $10 in site credit.
BetRivers Free NFL Profit Boost Every Week:
- Dallas Cowboys vs. Philadelphia Eagles: For new customers only, a $1 bet pays $100 (in free bets) if the Eagles score. The special also applies for the Steelers on Sunday.
Philadelphia Eagles 2020 odds tracker
(Odds via FanDuel Sportsbook)
|September 1, 2020||Oct. 16 (Week 6)||Oct. 20 (Week 7)||Oct. 28 (Week 8)|
Complete Week 7 NFL Odds at PA Sportsbooks
Lead image credit: AP Photo/Michael Perez