The New York Knicks (5-8) are as they attempt to stop a five-game losing streak when they visit the Boston Celtics (8-3) on Sunday, January 17, 2021 at TD Garden. The matchup airs at 1:00 PM ET on NBA TV. The point total is set at for the matchup.
The betting insights in this article reflect data from DraftKings sportsbook as of January 17, 2021, 1:06 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Celtics vs Knicks Betting Odds
Click here to get the best DraftKings Sportsbook deposit bonus!
Injury Report as of January 17
Romeo Langford: Out (Right wrist),
Tacko Fall: Day To Day (Ankle),
Jayson Tatum: Out (Health and Safety Protocols),
Daniel Theis: Day To Day (Finger),
Carsen Edwards: Out (Health and Safety Protocols),
Kemba Walker: Day To Day (Left Knee),
Robert Williams III: Out (Health and Safety Protocols)
Nerlens Noel: Day To Day (Lower Back),
Frank Ntilikina: Out (Right Knee),
Mitchell Robinson: Day To Day (Right heel),
Alec Burks: Day To Day (Ankle)
|Spread Pick||Celtics (-8)|
|Total Pick||Over (212.5)|
|Prediction||Celtics 113, Knicks 102|
The DraftKings line for this game has the Celtics favored by eight, while the model predicts they’ll win by slightly more (10.9 points).
In this matchup, the model projects a total (215.6 points) slightly higher than the DraftKings over/under (212.5 points).
Click here for today’s NBA betting picks from our team of experts.
Celtics Key Players
Celtics Player Props
- Jayson Tatum’s PRA prop over/under for the game is set at 37.5, 0.3 lower than his season average of 37.8.
- Tristan Thompson’s rebounding prop over/under for the contest is set at 7.5 boards, 1.3 rebounds less than his season average of 8.8.
- Tatum’s three pointers made prop total for the contest is set at 3.5, equal to his season average of 3.5.
- Robert Williams III’s blocks prop total for the game is set at 1.5, equal to his season average of 1.5.
Knicks Key Players
Knicks Player Props
- Julius Randle’s PRA prop over/under for the game is set at 33.5, 6.8 lower than his season average of 40.3.
- Austin Rivers’ three pointers made prop over/under for the game is set at 1.5, 0.7 shots less than his season average of 2.2.
- Mitchell Robinson’s blocks prop over/under for the contest is set at 1.5, 0.3 blocks lower than his season average of 1.8.
- This season, the Celtics have a 48.3% shooting percentage from the field, which is 3.2% higher than the 45.1% of shots the Knicks’ opponents have hit.
- Boston is 6-3 against the spread and 7-2 overall when it shoots better than 45.1% from the field.
- New York is 5-4 against the spread and 5-4 overall when allowing opponents to shoot better than 48.3% from the field.
- The Knicks have shot at a 45% clip from the field this season, 1.1 percentage points less than the 46.1% shooting opponents of the Celtics have averaged.
- This season, New York has a 4-2 record against the spread and a 4-2 record overall in games the team collectively shoots over 46.1% from the field.
- This season, Boston has a 4-1 record against the spread and a 4-1 straight up record when it allows opponents to shoot greater than 45% from the field.
- The Celtics’ 39.4% three-point shooting percentage this season is 6.7 percentage points higher than opponents of the Knicks have shot from deep (32.7%).
- Boston has put together a 7-2 record against the spread and an 8-1 straight-up record in games this season when the team connects on more than 32.7% of its three-point shots.
- New York is 5-5 against the spread and 5-5 overall when its opponents shoot better than 39.4% from deep.
- The Knicks shoot 35.1% from beyond the arc this season. That’s -0.9 percentage points higher than the Celtics have allowed their opponents to shoot from deep (36%).
- New York has a 4-3 ATS record and is 4-3 straight-up when the team makes more than 36% of its three-point attempts.
- Boston has a 3-2 ATS record and a 3-2 straight-up record this season when it hits more than 35.1% of its three-point attempts.
- The Celtics’ 12.6 made three-pointers per game this season is 3.1 more made shots on average than the 9.5 per game the Knicks give up.
- Boston is 5-1 against the spread and 5-1 overall when it connects on more three-pointers than its opponents, while New York is 3-6 ATS and 3-6 straight up in games when it is out-shot from distance.
- The Knicks make the 29th-most three-pointers in the league, while the Celtics allow the seventh-fewest makes from beyond the arc.
Celtics vs Knicks Stat Rankings
|Celtics Rank||Celtics AVG||Knicks AVG||Knicks Rank|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from